I get asked multiple times a month why I have no paper piles on my counters, and how I stay on top of working, household chores, and being a mom. The answer is I don't, but I do try my hardest to somewhat lead a clean uncluttered life. I am going to share the few things I try to do at least every other day to help maintain this.
- I check my mail every day, and immediately go through it and throw out the junk, and put bills in the file to be paid. This is probably the biggest reason I never have any piles stacked anywhere because I am always going through whatever comes in the house. I also apply this same rule to my kids backpacks. I toss the random worksheets, and immediately file away the stuff I save that day.
- I try to at least do 1-2 loads of laundry 5-6 days of the week. I give myself 24 hours to sit down and go through it to fold it and make the piles so the kids can go put their own pile away.
- 95% of the time I make sure all the dishes are in the dishwasher or washed before I go to bed. Then I run it during the night so that in the morning the kids can unload it before they leave for school, and I start the day off with a clean kitchen.
- I attempt to make my bed everyday, and it always makes me so much more productive on the days that I do make it.
- I do have a cleaning lady that comes once a month to clean my bathrooms, blinds, fans etc. because with working, the kids schedules, and being a wife I was falling behind. It took me 9 years of working and trying to do it all to get to this point though--so if your not ready to surrender I get it!
Of course during the middle of wedding season when we could have multiple events a weekend back to back this does not get done as consistently, but you always have the opportunity to start over and try again! Happy Organizing!!!